When is the right time to replace the window wipers in your vehicle?
They may be a small and inexpensive part of your vehicle, but your window wipers perform a vital role. After all, if it’s pouring with rain or in a snowstorm and you can’t see, then you’re likely to be stranded or, even worse, crash.
In the following article, we’re going to take a look at five signs that it’s time to replace your window wipers. By staying ahead of your window wipers, you’ll never risk being stranded on the side of the highway in the rain again!
5 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Window Wipers!
- The Rubber Is Cracked or Falling Apart – Exposure to the elements such as sun, rain, snow, and UV rays can all damage your wiper blades. This exposure to the elements can cause the rubber to become brittle and crack. As the rubber breaks apart, the performance will be affected.
- You Have Streaks On Your Windows – Once you start to notice streaking on your wipers, it’s a sure sign that it’s time to replace your window wipers. A streak because of dirt or debris on the blade is normal, but continual streaking is a sign it’s time for new wiper blades. Don’t leave them until you can’t see when it matters most!
- You Can Hear Squeaking or Scraping Noises – If you hear scraping or scratching when you use your window wipers, then replace them immediately. Not only do they sound bad and perform poorly, but they could also be scratching and damaging your windshield. Of course, the last thing you want to do is replace your windshield because you forgot to replace your window wipers. It would be an expensive lesson to learn!
- The Window Wiper Arm Is Bent – If you notice your wipers aren’t cleaning all parts of your windshield, then the wiper arm could be bent. Wipers’ arms are made using thin metal or plastic and can bend.
- Your Blades Aren’t Making Consistent Contact with the Glass – If the adhesive which holds the rubber to the frame of the wiper fails, you won’t get consistent contact. This means that your blades aren’t cleaning 100% of the windshield. If you notice that the rubber is falling off your wiper blades or your windshield looks patchy, then it’s time to replace your wiper blades.
Best Roadside Assistance Company in Eagle and Summit Counties
Hopefully, now you have a much clearer idea about when it’s time to replace your window wipers. Your window wipers may be a small part of your vehicle, but they perform a vital safety role. If you leave your wipers until they fall apart, they may fail at the worst possible time.
If you have been involved in any automotive accident in Eagle County or Summit County, Colorado, Mountain Recovery is only a phone call away on 970-476-1124. We operate 24/7, 365-days a year, to keep you trucking and help get your vehicle back on the road.