Here are some great reasons you should never trust ATV towing or recovery to an amateur!
Congratulations if you’ve just decided to purchase an ATV, and well done if you’ve found someone who’ll let you borrow theirs! They can be great fun when done safely. However, they do present some challenges to tow when you don’t have any experience towing one yourself.
In the following article, we’ll go through some of the reasons why towing a trailer is sometimes better left to the professionals. However, if you plan on towing your ATV yourself, then take some time to read or watch videos on tips for towing a trailer. The last thing that anyone wants is to see their ATV smashed up on the side of the highway.
Reasons Why Towing An ATV Yourself Can Be Harder Than You Thought!
Below are some of the reasons why towing an ATV might be more complicated than you first imagined:
- The right equipment – Not all cars are set up to tow. If you’re attempting to tow a heavy ATV on a small car, then you could be asking for trouble. You also need to consider how many people you have in the car, how much does it weighs, and how much equipment you’re taking.
- Towing isn’t as easy as you think – There’s a lot more to towing than hooking up a trailer and ATV and hitting the highway. Loading and unloading an one from a trailer can be challenging enough. In addition, towing an ATV on the road when not secured or loaded correctly can be extremely dangerous.
- Not all states share the same towing regulations – You may be unaware, but not all states share the same towing laws. So if you plan to cross state lines, make sure that you’re aware of all the towing regulations.
- Securing isn’t a piece of cake – They are heavy. You may think it won’t move much on a trailer, but imagine what happens when you slam on the brakes? It can become a weighty object flying through the air if a strap breaks. If you’re investing in an ATV and trailer, then invest in high-quality tie-downs.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help – If you’re even a little bit unsure about towing an ATV, then ask someone. The last thing you want is for your ATV to be responsible for causing a multi-car pileup on the highway.
ATV/UTV Towing and Recovery Experts
There you go! Some great reasons why all ATV towing should be left to the professionals. Your ATV is a significant investment. The last thing you want is to damage it further with incorrect towing.
If you need help towing or recovering your ATV, don’t hesitate to call us at Mountain Recovery. Our experienced operators have the knowledge and equipment to tow your ATV safely.
If you have been involved in any automotive accident in Eagle County or Summit County, Colorado, Mountain Recovery is only a phone call away at 970-476-1124. We operate 24/7, 365-days a year, to keep you trucking and help get your vehicle back on the road.