What’s the best way to ensure that you prevent any breakdowns while you’re traveling?
The last thing that anyone wants to deal with while they’re traveling is a breakdown. Not only is it a hassle, but it could also leave you stranded. It’s a sure way to ruin a fun family vacation. Breakdowns can also add a lot of additional costs to any road trip or traveling experience. Paying for emergency towing and repairs is more expensive than just doing some preventive maintenance on your vehicle.
In the following article, we’ll take a look at some of the ways that you can prevent breakdowns if you are planning a road trip or vacation.
Different Ways To Prevent Breakdowns While You’re Traveling!
- Engine Tune-Up and Service – The first step in preventing a breakdown while you’re traveling is to have your engine tuned up and serviced. You want to ensure that your oil has been changed, all belts are in good condition, and you clean or replace air filters and fuel filters.
- New Tires – Make sure that all of the tires on your vehicle are in excellent condition and that you don’t have any screws or nails or other foreign bodies stuck in them. Have them inspected and make sure that they are balanced and that your spare tire is also in good condition.
- Brakes – While we’re looking at the wheels, what condition are your brake pads, calipers, and rotors in? The last thing that you want to do with while traveling, especially over the colder wet winter months, is bad brakes. Your brakes work to slow your vehicle down, and the last thing that you want is to have a brake failure on a steep hill or fast section of the highway.
- Cooling System – You often forget about your cooling system, but it’s an important part of your engine. Flushing your cooling system and refilling is a great idea before any long trip. Keeping extra coolant or water in your car in case it overheats is also a good idea in case you blow a hose or need to top up your coolant.
- Be Prepared – If you’re heading on a long trip, make sure that you keep a basic repair kit in your vehicle along with your spare tire. Things like jumper cables, water, coolant, and other small items could make all the difference if you break down.
Trusted Towing Company in Colorado
When you need vehicle towing in Eagle County or Summit County, Colorado, Mountain Recovery is only a phone call away on 970-476-1124. We operate 24/7, 365-days a year to keep you going. We’ll help get your vehicle back on the road.
The old saying that prevention is better than a cure couldn’t be truer! Preventing a potential breakdown is much better than dealing with it on the side of the road. However, if the worst was to happen, at Mountain Recovery we’re only a phone call away at (970) 476-1124. We offer various services, including towing, recovery, heavy-duty towing, and affordable roadside assistance.