3 vehicle lockout tips every driver needs to know!
Ask any tow professional, and they’ll tell you that getting locked out of your car isn’t a fun experience. Unfortunately, it’s happened to almost every driver at one stage or another. Regardless of where or when it’s a frustrating situation to find yourself in. Even with new electronic keys and smart keys, it can still happen to even the best of us.
In the following article, we’ll look at three professional tips to help you avoid locking your keys in your vehicle!
3 Lockout Tips You Need to Know
- Remain Calm and Check all the Doors – Always stay calm and don’t panic. It sounds obvious, but it’s the most overlooked first step. Check all the doors and your pockets, bag, or the ground around the car. You never know. You might get lucky and find a back door or trunk that’s open. If there are any open windows, you can always try a long object. Try hitting the lock unlock button to see if you can get a lock to open.
- Use Your Smartphone – To try and unlock the doors. A lot of new cars these days have application capability. This means some cars allow you to link your vehicle to your smartphone. Other applications like OnStar will allow you to log in, speak to an operator, and unlock your car remotely. Another application that some people may have access to if they have an Apple iPhone is Car Keys. This allows you to sync your car to your Apple Wallet. It’s like a digital version of your electronic key fob.
- Call A Tow Service – If you have no other option. The great thing about tow companies is that they’re experienced at unlocking cars. Also, good towing companies, such as Mountain Recovery, are available 24/7, 365 days a year. They’ll be able to come to your location and help get you back on the road again.
Tips for Preventing Any Future Lockouts
Below are some bonus tips to help you avoid getting locked out of your car in the future!
- Always keep a spare key in your purse or bag.
- Keep a spare key at work or with a trusted friend or family member. Try to leave them with someone close and available to come and help you.
- Regularly replace the battery in your key fob to avoid it going flat.
- Check to see if you can use Apps like Apple’s Car Key.
When You Need Roadside Assistance
There’s nothing worse than getting locked out of your vehicle. Hopefully, now you have all the lockout tips you need to know to avoid getting locked out of your vehicle! Remember, Mountain Recovery is just a phone call away if you get stranded.
If you have been involved in any automotive accident in Eagle County or Summit County, Colorado, or need assistance because you’ve locked yourself out of your car, Mountain Recovery is only a phone call away at 970-476-1124. We operate 24/7, 365 days a year, to keep you moving and help get your AWD vehicle back on the road.