What’s the hardest thing about being a tow truck driver?
Tow truck drivers are putting their lives on the line every time they respond to a call. Regardless of where they work and what tow truck they are easily the unsung heroes of the highway.
We’re going to take a look at some of the complex parts of being a tow truck driver!
The 5 Hardest Things About Being A Tow Truck Driver!
- Other Motorists on the Road – Being a tow truck driver means having eyes in the back and side of your head. You’re constantly on the lookout for other drivers that aren’t paying attention. Getting a motorist that’s stranded off a busy highway at night or in the rain can be particularly perilous. If you see a tow truck on the highway, always slow down and give them space as you can safely do.
- Dangerous Surroundings – Unfortunately, when you break down in your car, you don’t always have the chance to pull over somewhere safe. This means that a lot of breakdowns and accidents are in dangerous areas. Even with road flares, fluorescent clothing, and flashing lights, most breakdowns are dangerous.
- Loads of Distractions – Trying to pick up a broken down or wrecked car can be quite the show, which often causes drivers to be distracted as they pass. Always pay extra attention if you’re passing the scene of an accident or breakdown.
- Navigating Busy Roads – Getting to the scene of an accident or breakdown with a large tow truck can be a nightmare. Next time you’re stuck in traffic, imagine how hard it is for a tow truck to get through. Leaving as much room as possible allows emergency vehicles and tow trucks to get where they’re needed ASAP.
- Bad Weather – Unfortunately, most of us don’t break down or have accidents when it’s warm and sunny outside. Dealing with bad weather is one of the issues that many tow truck drivers need to deal with. Being a tow truck driver isn’t easy, so the next time you have the opportunity, show them some appreciation.
Eagle County & Summit County Towing Services
There you go! Everything you wanted to know about being a tow truck driver and some of the hardest challenges they face. As with any job, operating a tow truck can come with some pretty unique challenges. However, there are always different ways that you can make life easier for tow truck drivers.
If you have been involved in any automotive accident in Eagle County or Summit County, Colorado, Mountain Recovery is only a phone call away at 970-476-1124. We operate 24/7, 365-days a year, to keep you moving and help get your vehicle back on the road.